Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Taryn Raye Nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. #Writerly Wednesday

Maggie Mitchell nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. Thanks so much, Maggie!

This came just in time to give me a little something to post for Writerly Wednesday!

To accept, I state seven random facts about myself and tag fifteen other bloggers. A great way to get to know more about me and for you to meet other bloggers I’m a big fan of.

  1. Autumn is one of my favorite times of year because it ushers in Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas- I get to have a little fun, enjoy good food and be with family more than I do other times of the year.
  2.  I LOVE pepperonicinis with my pizza and in salad.
  3.  I have fairly small feet. I can fit in my 9 y/o daughter's Girls size 5 tennis shoes, which aren't far from my Women's 7 1/2s.
  4. My favorite HOMEMADE ice cream flavor is Banana.
  5. Raye is my real middle name. My mom gave me the name "Raye" after a character in the movie Back Street starring Susan Hayward and John Gavin. My mom had the spelling wrong as the character's name was "Rae" but she remembered loving the spelling in lowercase cursive "rae" on the front of the character's fashion salon- I'm glad she misspelled it. I like it the way it is.
  6. I use a manual treadmill (because it was cheap and compact)--but that means that 30 minutes on there is a sweatfest because I don't have a computer or batteries or electricity controlling my "stroll"- It's all on me to walk the dogs and put in the effort.
  7. I was a member of the "Just for Girls" book club as a kid and I still have several of the books I hope my daughter will be interested in reading- one of my favorites- Karen Kepplewhite is the World's Best Kisser by Eve Bunting. I think she'd get a kick out of that one!
And the fifteen bloggers I'm nominating:
  1.  Ginger Simpson
  2.  Jordanna East
  3.  Hallee Bridgeman
  4.  Dale Herring
  5.  Alan Chin
  6.  Cherie Marks
  7.  Missy Frye
  8.  Joselyn Vaughn
  9.  RK Smith
  10.  Kenra Daniels
  11.  Marilyn Baron
  12.  Elena Dillon
  13.  Angeline M Bishop
  14.  Melinda McGuire
  15.  Misty Dietz
So what 7 things don't we know about you? Don't forget to check out everyone else's blogs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Taryn and thanks for your nomination for Versatile Blogger. That's quite a compliment, considering all the other wonderful bloggers on your list. One of the reasons I'm versatile is because I blog with nine other very talented ladies on the Petit Fours and Hot Tamales blog at www.petitfoursandhottamales.com
We have a lot of fun on the blog and every week we entertain Guest Chefs or guest bloggers. For instance today, we have Julia Quinn answering questions and giving away books. So please stop by and "meet" her and my other blogging sisters and check out all the things we're doing for our readers.

Here's seven random facts about me:

1. My favorite color is green.
2. My favorite things to do are reading, writing and traveling. I write humorous women's fiction, supernatural short stories, romantic suspense and next year I will have a historical release from The Wild Rose Press. I guess my writing is versatile, too. Visit the blog this Friday to read one of my blogs about my recent trip to Spain.
3. My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip.
4. I was born without a sense of smell.
5. I used to do public relations for the Florida Prison system.
6.I was named after the movie actress Marilyn Maxwell.
7. I spent six months in Florence, Italy during my junior year in college and Italy is one of my favorite places to travel. As a result, my favorite food is pasta. My Pasta Passionata Alla Carbonara will be featured in the Oct. 1 release of Passionate Cooks on All Romance eBooks.

I love to blog and in addition to the Petit Fours, I do a lot of guest blogging. For example, on October 3 I'll be blogging with Savvy Authors and Anita Philmar.
Hope you'll drop by.


Marilyn Baron

Misty Dietz said...

Hey thanks, sweetie! I'm honored that you thought of our Chick Swagger blog! xoxo