Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hey #Readers, come check out Tuesdays with Taryn- It's My Turn



Tuesdays with Taryn
Taryn’s Answers
 Yep, that's me.

Considering I've spent the better part of the year asking others to answer these few questions, I thought it might be nice to also answer them myself, to share a glimpse into me, as a writer and a reader, so here we go. (I'm not including site links or buy links, as I'm certain you can find them easily anywhere on this blog or my website.)

Okay- And AWAY WE GO....

What book(s) most influenced you as a writer? 

Any by V.C. Andrews. The Secret Garden, Little Women, but as I’ve gotten older- Tanith Lee, D.H. Lawrence, Clive Barker, H.P. Lovecraft, Yasmine Galenorn- any that are really well-written and capture the heart of the story. I like fiction that reads real, because real means the author knows how to reach you with raw emotion.

What book do you read over and over again?
 
I don’t reread a lot of them because I simply don’t have time, but I have reread several by V.C. Andrews, Snow Queen by Linda Wisdom, The Guarded Heart by Robyn Donald, The Tales from the Flat Earth by Tanith Lee, and The Thief of Always by Clive Barker.

Tuesday Trio-
1)      Movie- Grease 2
2)      Music- anything by Maroon 5 or Ben Taylor or Pink
3)      Decadent Dessert- Better than Sex Cake

What’s the most interesting or bizarre bit of trivia you’ve learned from researching for a novel?

In my recent research for the current WIP I’m writing for NaNo, Heart of the Surf, I discovered that authors Mark Twain and Jack London both surfed in Hawaii.

Novel on your Nightstand:
Who/what are you currently reading?

At the moment in print, I’m reading Night Seeker from The Indigo Court Series by Yasmine Galenorn and Everdark from The Dark Ink Chronicles by Elle Jasper. I’m eager to get my hands on Shadow Rising, also by Yasmine Galenorn, that just came out a few weeks ago that’s part of her Otherworld Series and the next two books in Elle Jasper’s series. On my Kindle, I’m reading Laments, a collection of short stories by Michael Embry, Salt of the Earth by Jesse V. Coffey. I’m also looking forward to time when I can start reading Kallypso Masters’ Nobody’s Angel in her Rescue Me Series.

Whom would you cast as your Hero & Heroine if your book became a movie?

In Castaway Hearts, I saw Dawson as James Scott, who plays E.J. Dimera on Days of Our Lives and Catherine as a young Kate Beckinsale. In my current WIP, I would cast Jared Padalecki from Supernatural as Mark Pryce and Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny on The Big Bang Theory as Alexa Stevens.
****

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to share some of your answers to these questions if you'd like.


Don't forget that if you are an author and would like some FREE PROMO, you can always contact me if you would like to do a Tuesdays or Thursdays with Taryn. My email is available via my G+ Profile About Me section, so feel free to give me a shout out. I'll set you up with a file especially for you and all you have to do is answer the questions and send me your author info, book image, info, blurb, links etc to have a spot on here for free promo!

No comments: