Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Way to a Man's Heart- Parmesan Crust for Chops or Chicken



Parmesan Crust for Baked Chops or Chicken

This recipe started out as a simple one for pork chops, but I've found that you can alter it somewhat and don't always have to use so many crackers or Parmesan. In fact, now that I'm using Italian Seasoned Panko, I've found that a cup of that and a cup of Parm, plus the dash of garlic powder is all I need for the breading of 4 pork chops or 4 chicken breast halves.)

Ingredients-
1 package Saltine Crackers
2 Cups Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Dash of Garlic Powder
Melted Butter
(or you can use 1 cup of Panko Breading and 1 cup Parmesan)
(chicken or pork chops)

Directions- 
  1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ
  2. Crush Saltines in a large Ziploc plastic bag until fine powder
  3. Add Parmesan, Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder, mix well 
  4. Dredge Chicken or Pork Chops in melted butter (instead of an egg wash)
  5. Coat well with Cracker Parm mixture
  6. Place in foil lined 9x13 pan 
  7. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes until done
I personally prefer this to Shake & Bake breading. It’s good with white country gravy poured over it, and later on The Way to a Man’s Heart, I will share my recipe for Chicken Parm, in which I use this recipe for breading.

No comments: