Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesdays with Taryn #writerly #doldrums #Life #NudgeMe #InspireMe

My brain keeps nudging me back toward my novels, though I'm just not "there" yet. Mercury in Retrograde makes me leery of starting anything at this point or adding anything "new"- It goes direct on the 20th, but I've just been in this hollow place about my writing for so long that I'm not even taking a chance on Mercury screwing me up more.

I don't want to sit here and whine and complain about the self-doubt and worries I have about my writing, but I do want to get back to where I should be...where my writing makes me happy and inspired and as of late, I'm just not feeling it. Perhaps I need a gentle nudge...or a good swift kick in the ass...

Though published, I feel I'm floundering, sort of somewhere out there drifting alone in this huge sea of other writers, who are also treading these waters, hoping for success or fame...I tend to lean toward the end of the spectrum that I'd be happy to make a decent living at my writing, even if I never achieve much more than a small portion of notoriety for my work. As long as readers are enjoying what I have to offer, that would make me one happy gal.

Of course, that being said, I again have to reiterate that I need a good swift kick in the tush and a reminder that my books will never get polished and finished and out there if I don't do something about them. I need to remember that the course of my writing journey is on my shoulders and at my finger tips- it is up to me the distance I travel and how far I will go.

New mantra-

No comments: