Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Freebits LOVE BY DESIGN "It's so silly and sappy." #frifreebits #excerpt



Click the image above to go to Ginger's Dishin' It Out Blog
There you can find MORE excerpts from other authors.

Silly sappy love songs. They catch us when we least expect it. Have you ever been in public and had to fight back embarrassing tears over some song playing over the store sound system or when in the company of someone you don't know well enough to cry in front of? Share with me! I got teared up in the bra department once at Wal-Mart over a Christmas song!
“It’s so silly and sappy.” She sniffled and wiped at her face. “I’m just being stupid.”

“No, you’re not.” He smiled and gave her hand a small squeeze. “I’m sorry it made you cry.”

“Not your fault. I used to cry over this song all the time when I was younger.”

“Why?”

“I wanted what they sang about,” she admitted and wiped fresh tears from her face.

“You’ll have it. Trust me.”
And note to our fellow authors- prepubbed or currently published-go find out how you, too, can hop on this party train by sending Miz Ging your permalink for your scheduled FridayFreebits excerpt blogpost early in the week so she can include your link in her post.
 
I still maintain- A party's not a party, till the gang's all here!
(And even better if we can rock it out all weekend long!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I cry over songs all the time, so this rang particularly true for me. Great way to capture the emotion of the moment. I can't wait to read more.

Sydell Voeller said...

Hmmm...you've got me hooked! Great job!

Rhobin said...

Love the song theme, and yes, certain songs make me cry.

Tricia McGill said...

Know how she feels. I think if you don't cry over a sappy love song once in a while you don't know much about true love.